We are thrilled to announce Childhood Cancer Foundation of Southern California as our charity partner through the month of December! That means for the entire month, every cat video you watch here on our site, or direct donation you make via our “donate meow” page, helps us raise money in support of their mission.
Childhood Cancer Foundation of Southern California, Inc. is committed to serving children with cancer and their families throughout Southern California emotionally, financially, educationally and with emergency assistance. CCFSC works directly with the families to identify their need for support. Communication with another family experiencing this devastating disease is very beneficial and CCFSC family events and support programs provide this support.
Childhood Cancer Foundation prides itself in being a very personal organization. They meet on a weekly basis with parents and patients and form relationships with registered families to best accommodate to their needs. Success rates in childhood cancer have led to survival rates of up to 80%, however, the emotional, social, psychological and medical support is an on-going need.
They’ve served the community for over 30 years and have continued their services despite the difficulties and challenges faced through various economic seasons in order to fill this on-going need.
The children and teenagers they serve benefit from a program that gives them the opportunity to have normal life experiences in spite of their life threatening diagnosis. This includes:
1. Emergency financial assistance given to families with special needs, such as groceries, transportation, clothing, etc.
2. Weekly Parent Support Meeting and Hospital Visitation
3. Birthday gift for each patient throughout the year.
4. Annual Family events – Christmas Celebration, Family Summer Picnic, Halloween Party, Family Camp and many more.
5. Bereavement assistance.
6. Teen Connection – CCFSC developed an integral adolescent program unique to our geographical area of support, the Teen Connection Program, in which we provide ample opportunities for teens diagnosed with cancer to meet with youth and adult facilitators to enjoy life as a teen, socialize, share experiences and receive peer support, and receive educational information about cancer therapy, survivorship and scholarship opportunity education.
So please consider helping us join their cause this month by watching lots of videos here on the site!
And for a detailed explanation on how your time spent on Cats vs Cancer will help CCFSC and all our other future charity partners, check out this video to see how it all works: